Scenario: Looking for a way to easily update insurance tax state for a specific phase code across all jobs.
It is a good idea to test this in a test database before impacting your live database.
- Create a backup of your database.
- Create Stored Procedure, see SQL Query listed below.
- In Vista UD Module, add a Custom Button to the PRBTCHUP form with the following parameters settings, changing the @Phase, @state & @inscode default values to your desired settings.
- Move the Custom Button on PR Batch Update form
- Test the stored procedure in your test company/database before using it live.
/** User Defined Stored Procedure **/ /** Purpose: To update Timecard Entry lines to set Insurance State for a Specific Phase Code **/ /** Created by Constructive Tech Solutions 11/13/2018 **/ USE [Viewpoint] GO CREATE PROCEDURE udPRPhaseTaxUpdate (@PRCo bCompany = null, @Phase bPhase = null, @mth bMonth = null, @batchid bBatchID = null, @state varchar(4) = null, @inscode bInsCode = null, @ReturnMessage varchar(30) OUTPUT) AS BEGIN declare @rcode int = 0 UPDATE PRTB SET InsState = @state, InsCode = @inscode WHERE Co = @PRCo AND Phase = @Phase AND Mth = @mth AND BatchId = @batchid select @ReturnMessage = 'Updated ' + cast(@@ROWCOUNT as varchar(16)) + ' Rows', @rcode = 0 END RETURN @rcode