Scenario: Looking to find servicable items by serial number.
Requirements: These steps assume that you own the UD Module. If you don’t own the UD Module, you could perform steps 1-7 with a SQL script.
- Open UD User Defined Lookups form
- Create a new lookup by entering udSMServicableItems in the Lookup name.
- In the title, enter SM Serviceable Items w/ Serial
- In the from clause, enter SMServiceItems
- In the where clause, enter SMCo = ? AND ServiceSite = ?
- On the details tab, enter the columns as shown in the image at the bottom of this post.
- Open the SM Work Order form
- Select the Serviceable Item Field and Press F3 to launch the field properties.
- Open the Lookup tab of Field Properties.
- Add udSMServiceableItems to the lookup list with -1,257 as the parameters, the Active box Checked, and 0 as the load Seq #.
- Deactivate the standard lookup by unchecking the Active box and changing the Load Seq to 1.
- Test the lookup to make sure it functions as expected.
- If necessary, deactivate the user defined lookup and reactivate the standard lookup to restore default Vista behavior.