Scenario: Looking to restrict the lookup values based on the active status of the Job Phase.
Requirements: These steps assume that you own the UD Module. If you don’t own the UD Module, you could perform steps 1-4 with a SQL script.
- Open UD User Defined Lookups form
- Copy the Lookup by going to File>Copy Lookup
- In the Copy form, select JCJPLocked as the Source Lookup and input JCJPLocked as the Destination Lookup (Vista will add ud to the start of the name) and Active Job Phases as the Destination Lookup Title. Then Click the Copy Button.
- In the Where Clause add the following text and ActiveYN = ‘Y’
- Open the PR Timecard Entry form
- Select the Phase Field and Press F3 to launch the field properties.
- Open the Lookup tab of Field Properties.
- Add udJCJPLocked to the lookup list with 19,20 as the parameters, the Active box Checked, and 0 as the load Seq #.
- Deactivate the standard lookup by unchecking the Active box.
- Test the lookup to make sure it functions as expected.
- If necessary, deactivate the user defined lookup and reactivate the standard lookup to restore default Vista behavior.